Thursday, May 21, 2009

Roller Blades: 1; Me: 0

In an attempt to get in shape and thus be able to keep up with my 2 year old, I've been trying to walk during my lunches on a portion of trails running along the nearby river, referred to as the Greenway.

IMG_0493

The other day, I had the brilliant idea of roller blading the trail instead of walking.

So yesterday, I pulled on my dusty rollar blades, considered my options as far as the direction I should take: Right would take me through a bit of the rolling park, over some small bridges, and past a golf course.

IMG_0495

Left would lead me to the river, over the pedestrian bridge, down a cork screw of death and then on to a level path through trees and sweet smelling honeysuckle.

IMG_0484
IMG_0489

When in tennis shoes, I go left, but on roller blades, well that cork screw of death seemed a little ambitious, so I went Right.

Only what looked like nice rolling hills in shoes, wasn't so nice and rolling. (Perhaps the sign should have clued me in!!)

IMG_0494

I started down my first "little hill" and found myself quickly picking up speed. I applied my brake, only it wasn't working so well at that decline. . .and was rapidly becoming faced with a decision. At the bottom of this hill was a bridge.

IMG_0498

Logic told me that if I attempted the bridge at my current speed while still feeling completely unsteady on the wheeled contraptions strapped to my feet, there was a very big chance that I would fall. To the side of the trail was grass. . .I chose the grass. And the grass gave me some pretty good and surprisingly painful bruises.
Makes me glad I didn't choose the bridge!

IMG_0497

Oh,and just so you know. Today, I'll be walking.

IMG_0478

1 comment:

  1. This one had me laughing so hard I was crying. I could just picture you. See, you're brave too!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad that you've stopped by this blog & I LOVE hearing your feedback and questions — however, as this blog is no longer active I may not see it!! But no worries! I've moved all content from this blog to my new website and would appreciate it if you visited me over there: Lori Danelle.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails